I was delighted to host my first series of baking workshops in 2018 in conjunction with The Essential Ingredient – my Layer Cake Masterclass!
Participants enjoyed an intimate kitchen setting learning how to make my scrumptious Lemon Curd and Coconut Cake, including:
- Baking a delicious lemon cake and slicing it into perfect layers
- Making a batch of the most delightful tangy lemon curd, suitable for filling a layer cake
- Whisking light and velvety coconut swiss meringue buttercream, and learning helpful tips and tricks for troubleshooting
- Receiving a detailed demonstration on layering, filling and decorating their layer cake
Participants were delighted to leave with:
- 2 x 15cm (6″) cake pans to use for their future layer cake baking endeavours
- A gorgeous 15cm (6″) cake made by themselves during the course to share with lucky family and friends
- A selection of seasonal blooms adorning their cake, supplied by our lovely local florist
- The pleasure of enjoying a beautiful day baking!
It was an absolute pleasure teaching my (sold out!) layer cake masterclasses at The Essential Ingredient in 2018, and I’m currently working on workshop dates and locations for 2019. If you would be interested in attending a similar course in Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney or Melbourne, please feel free to contact me with your preferred location and I’ll be in touch if the opportunity arises.